Spring is the perfect season for giving your home a fresh start.
This process might begin on the inside, and could involve cleaning, organizing, interior painting, and rethinking decorations. It’s also nice to open a window or three and let the warm, refreshing air pour in.
On the other hand, how does the outside of your home look? A little springtime maintenance can go a long way toward preserving and beautifying your property, and it also will boost that important element of curb appeal.
What Is Curb Appeal?
This is often a term used in conjunction with the real estate market, and can be defined by the feeling you get when you drive up to your home, turn the car off, and then look up. Do you say, “Wow”? Or, do you maybe say, “Well, this could use some work!”?
Regardless of whether you are trying to increase curb appeal for the sake of your home’s marketability or for your own pure enjoyment, we have put together a few tips and ideas for you to consider.
Give Your Home a Little Extra “Wow Factor” This Spring
- Landscaping – There is no need to convert your home into the next wonder of the world, but a little strategic care will create a groomed, appealing aesthetic quality for your property. This can involve such simple activities as trimming existing shrubs, planting new ones as needed, laying down fresh mulch, etc.
- Exterior painting – Your exterior paint is one of your home’s dominating features, and certainly a huge contributor to curb appeal. Fresh, stylish colors are key.
- Exterior repairs – Do you have any dry rot issues? If so, invest in quality repairs that will both stop the problem in its tracks and create a sound, healthy appearance.
- Accent door – Have you ever considered painting your front door a bold, inviting color? This is hugely popular right now, and it’s a relatively simple way to add a pop of modern style that really catches the eye.
- Power washing – This is a fantastic way to rinse the residue of winter from your siding, deck, walkways, and driveway.
- Window washing – Rain and melting snow leave smudges, streaks, and dirt behind.
- Clean and stain your deck or porches – When wood is fresh and gleaming it adds a lot of beauty to your home, but if it’s weather-worn and grey it can quickly become an eyesore. Why not give your exterior woodwork a new lease on life?
Contact a Home Professional Near You!
The Gerety Building and Restoration team has been proudly providing top-quality home building, painting, and remodeling services for over 35 years. If we can help you meet your home improvement goals, why not contact us? Please also feel free to browse our services and portfolio!