So, you’re ready to start your dream home renovation. As a homeowner embarking on a major renovation, you’re probably excited to get the ball rolling. Not so fast!
Before you pick up the phone to call your leading regional remodeler and design-build firm, follow this step-by-step guide to start—and finish—your renovations quickly and efficiently.
Here’s your Home Renovation 101 Guide, including:
- How to put down your ideas in a way that will help guide the contractor and design teams to accomplish your renovation goals
- What kind of time and budgetary expectations should be set—and when
- What to ask your home insurance agent
- Which custom remodeling projects require a specialist—and where to find one
- The benefits of design-build contracting
- What to consider when choosing your ideal renovation firm